April 4, 2010

Where are you???

I've been a little MIA, and I blame that on school.  But have no fear my most stressful class ended and I'm feeling alot better about life!!!
There have been a few exciting things happen in our household since the last time I posted, so allow me to catch you up to date :)
Hayley had her State Cheer Competition, she did AWESOME!!!  Unfortunately they didn't place good, but they did sooo good!!! 
All right, as you can tell by most of this blog is that I LOVE movies!!!  So naturally, I put together 2 Girl's Nights lately because let's be honest, most guys don't want to go see these two movies....
Ya... I mean I wanted to see them and of course they were AMAZING!!!!!!!  I had read both books and couldn't wait for them to come out on the big screen!  ***Tiny Spoiler Alert***  I will say Dear John's ending was a bit different than the book, I could appreciate the changes, heck I liked that ending better than the book, but I'm all for sticking to the same story as the book.  The Last Song was right on!!!  I will tell you, you may need tissues for both movies but they are definitely worth going to see.   
The best part of going to see these movies was getting together with good friends and what could be better than this!!!




Alright on to the bigger, more important things.  Ellie turned eight and Tyler got to Baptize her.  She looked so cute in her little Baptism dress and we couldn't be any prouder!!!











Next big news, my little bro has some exciting news to share!!!!
Tyler Mission Call


Alright if you didn't watch it, oh well, but my little brother and one of my best friends, Tyler Pete, got his mission call to the Sacramento, California Mission.  He'll be speaking English and he leaves May 12th!!!  It's sooo soon, but I'm so excited for this new journey in his life!!!!!  He's going to be an AMAZING Missionary!!!

So, the rest of this post, it not going to be as exciting as the last two items, but a little fun that I've been able to do.  During Spring Break, me and Jamie decided to crochet some rugs.  Well learn to crochet, my mom does this and it was something me and Jamie wanted to learn form her.  Jamie had the whole week off, but I had to work so my mom and her went and got material without me and started on their rugs.  I got my material a couple of days later, and tried to catch up.  We had so much fun making them and learning a talent that my mom has.  So much to learn from her!!!  Jamie finished her's that week, I'm still working on mine, but I hope to finish :)


This past week I was able to attend the Mesa Easter Pageant and it was amazing.  It was a little different this year not being in it, but I think watching it this year brought back many fond memories of being in it last year and also strengthened my testimony of the Savior.  This may sound weird but last year, as Angels we didn't get to see much of anything of the Pageant, so I listened to the music and tried to remember what was going on on stage.  Music has been something so important to me and it really add to the emotion of what is going on.  This year being able to actually see the music go along with what was happening on stage was so amazing.  My favorite part is when Christ reaches down for the little baby and kisses it.  The music is just AWESOME!!  Anyways I was so happy I was able to go and was able to catch up with old Angels such as this one :)

This was seriously my week of fun.  I still had school and work but I had a week filled with things to do every night!  Mon & Wed I had Calc class (ya not so fun but kept me busy nonetheless, Tues-Easter Pageant, Thurs-The Last Song, Friday-Movie at the Park, Sat-Family Dinner after Priesthood Session of Conference and also the Show @ Sweet Cakes.
So Afton is pretty awesome at finding cool things to do.  She heard that Biltmore Fashion Mall did this Movie at the Park every Friday for March and April.  They have this small grass park in the middle of an outside mall where they show movies.  So we decided that it was such a fun idea and had to see what it was about.  They were playing Ferris Bueller's Day Off and thought that it would be a fun movie to invite a group of people to go see.  But alas, no one thought it was as cool as we did... but we had so much fun as you can see :)
(Quick side note...  Another highlight of this event was that after the movie I look behind me and I quote "AFTON DO YOU SEE THAT BEAR?" There were these HUGE dogs!!!  They looked like a bear cub...  The funniest thing was that others thought they were awesome too and even had the nerve to ask the owner for a picture with them (ok I'm only jealous I didn't ask first) and the owner proceeded to tell him about the dogs... ok all I remember was that one of the Dog's names was Teddy Bear... hahaha it was too perfect!)

So afterwards, we were looking at the sign at the Mall that told about this event and it showed the different movies that they would be playing.  The one that caught my eye was Roman Holiday, with Audrey Hepburn and Gregory Peck.  I'm the biggest Audrey fan and I think I've seen almost all of her movies and this one was one of my FAVORITES!!  So we thought we would tell everyone how awesome this event was and try and get move people to come!  We did have a bit more success on the attendence this time and let's be honest, the movie was AMAZING!!!  The only bad thing was that it was FREEZING COLD, but you can't complain too much of that because it's going to be sweltering hot soon.  All in all, it was a successful night of fun and I had a good time!!!


Welp, that's the last couple of months in a nutshell so you've been caught up!!  Until next time!!!!

2 comments:

Myke said...

That's crazy T. Pete leaves so soon. We will have to find a way to include him in Operation T even while he is away.

Jackie Arnett said...

It's funny you mention that, that's the only thing he's mentioned he's going to miss and said we better said pics of who and the events that commence :) I told him of course we would HAVE TO!!!